Friday, March 7, 2014

Blog makeover, etc.

I just redesigned the blog with a new background and layout.  Hopefully, this will breathe a new life into it.  Any and all comments are welcome.
 
I will be adding book reviews to the blog, as well as announcements of upcoming releases of new books by some of my favorite authors.
 
Our weather is still lousy with more "wintry mix" coming in tomorrow.  I will be so glad when spring arrives.  We still have snow on the ground from the last "wintry mix" on Sunday and a dusting Thursday night.
 
Last Saturday, I put a new blend of bird food (for woodpeckers) in one of the bird feeders. The goldfinches have gone nuts over it.  I do not have the heart to tell them it is for woodpeckers -- they would be devastated!!  With only four perches on the feeder, there are sometimes 10-15 goldfinches sitting in the tree waiting for their turn on the perch to get some of the treats.  Peanuts have now dropped to being the second favorite treat.  I also offer black oil sunflower seeds and safflower seeds.
 
Daylight Savings Time goes into effect this coming Sunday at 2:00 a.m. -- what a nightmare the next 2 weeks will be!!  It is amazing what a difference 1 hour can make in my life.  Everything will be off kilter for a while.
 
Today I received an advanced reader's copy of "The Catch," the new book by Taylor Stevens scheduled to be released in July 2014.  It is the fourth book in the Michael Munroe series.  I know it will be another excellent book.  The first three were great and I am ready to jump in and read this one.  So, with that being said, I will close this post and dive on in the book.  Stay tuned for an update.
 
More later . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment